Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 68:It's about TIME!

Aaaaaalllllright!
I know, I know, it's been 24 days since my last blog, you've lost interest and how can I expect you to get interested again?
Well, you don't have to and it's really none of my business what you're into!
;^P
Not to make excuses, but I would like to share my experience of the last oh, 3+ weeks.
First things first, I got my period. Normally that's not such a big deal, but this was the first period since I got pregnant with Mira - so it's been a while.
And boy oh boy was it making up for lost time. Every symptom started the week before and some are still lingering today.
Mostly the depression and insomnia have been the biggest factors.
Lucky me, I didn't get much in the way of postpartum depression, but these last three weeks have really been harsh enough to make up for that.
And I can't sleep. Unless it's during the day which is completely useful (not!) Two hours each night if I'm lucky. I can sleep around 8 or 9pm, but I'm up by 11 for sure - and I'm awake all night. I wouldn't mind except I can't get much done during those late evening and super early mornings while it's still dark out or I might wake my sweetly sleeping counterparts.
To boot, Mira's still teething molars which makes the poor girl miserable and since we do not use any chemicals for her (ambesol), the only solace she gets is from nursing. Two days this week, last week and the week before (for some reason she prefers Tuesday and Wednesday) she nursed literally every half hour for about 12 hours minus two 40min naps. If you don't know, producing milk is a very tiresome and fatiguing business - totally worth it, but shit, I don't have energy for anything else!
AHHHH!
Ohkay, well, I think that's good enough for one day.
Ya'll take care & I'll be back tomorrow, I'm sure.
Lots of love and I missed writing for sure.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing what you gotta do - the family comes first, but boy, do your mom's eyes light up when she gets pictures from you.

    Take care,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete