Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day 402: When I was very young....

One day when I was very young (maybe 8), I went to work with my mom for an afternoon. I loved going there, people talked to me a lot about all kinds of interesting things that most other people didn't bother talking to me about. I don't remember a lot of the details surrounding these days in general, but there is one day I remember particularly well.
Some elderly gentleman was for some reason in the same room as me. No one else, just he and I. I was nervously hanging around, waiting to see if anything interesting would happen as a result of being alone with someone so much my senior - I'm thinking he must have been in his 70's, this man. I don't remember striking up a conversation with him, and I don't even remember if it was in context, but I clearly remember him passing on a tidbit of wisdom my way.
He said,
"You'll know you're getting old when it feels like a lot of the people you know or have known, are dead or dying."


Some days I feel really old.


Link of the Day: Check it out if you want, pass it by if you don't. Pass it along if you feel, but please, please don't be a heel.
http://www.learnvest.com/2012/05/can-you-lose-your-job-for-liking-something-on-facebook-123/

No comments:

Post a Comment