Thursday, August 15, 2013

Day 856: Give me grafiti

Here's the thing: I love art.
If you've read my blog before you know this. Art, above money makes my world go round. It's about more than freedom of expression, it's about more than color and lines and light and dark.  It's about more than shadowing and contrasting. It's about life and love and philosophy and though I'm using words right now: words cannot express the reality portrayed in art.
Art is more than paint, sketches, photography or tattooing. Art is movement, words, poetry, litter, facial expression, AND reality. Art is life, art is nature, art is you and the love your parents have for you. Art is passing strangers on the street. Art is driving up and down the same street and seeing something new every time you do. Art is believing in things, something, anything that means more to you than your bowel movements. And to some people, art IS their daily doo. Art is true. It's also fake. It's a melody stuck in your head even when you don't know why. It's hokey, it's heart wrenching - art is everything. Art is being pissed off, art is being diplomatic, art is love. Art is love like there's only one true love for every person, but only a select 2% get to experience it. Art is unique, art is vague, art is tired and used and worn out.
Art is when you call your mom because you can't do anything else and she says the most perfect thing you could ever hear. Art is when you're lucky enough to have more than one best friend. Art is when you meet a stranger for 5minutes and it means more to you than the paycheck you earned that week. Art is when words anyone said ring in your ears like a nightmare, but you wait for it to show up.
Art is fucking. Bad fucking, good fucking, obligatory fucking, needless fucking. Fucking against trees, fucking in the parking lot, drive-way, bathroom, wherever.
Art is a brownstone, art is a dome, art is a lean-to, art is your home.
Art is birth: the process and the action. Art is life: the process and the action. Art is death: the process and the action.

So.

I've put art on my body.

I love my body. I didn't always love it. I've grown to love it. And I don't care who knows it, I don't care who doesn't agree. Fuck off if you don't like my body - I love it. And I want to art it up.

I have arted it up.

Maybe someday I'll go into my direct interpretations and reasons for each piece I have, but today isn't that day.

I hope you have a great day.

My Love,
Misty

Link of the Day:
http://iamthedoc.com/

1 comment: